Job Details for Senior Design Engineer
What you need to know
You will work as a Senior Design Engineer and will work for our Medical client based in Galway.
You will manage the development of new products, from concept through to production.
This is a permanent position with excellent opportunities for career progression within a large organisation.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities
- Manage the product development projects internally with clients in line with ISO 130485 and FDA 21CFR 820.30 guidelines.
- Monitor project performances against resources, budgets, timing, risk and results.
- Report and document on the performance of projects.
- Organise project design review agenda and facilitate effective project reviews.
- Communicate proposals for improvements based on customer feedback.
- Comply with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Ensure documentation such as product development, manufacturing process and test specifications/procedures are completed.
- Develop products in Solid Works from conception through to production.
- Complete dimensional 2d Quality control drawings for manufacturing.
- Perform kinematic and engineering calculations and analysis.
- Develop and manage Design Verification Test protocols and reports.
- Undertake process development activities such as tolerance development.
- Develop validation protocols for tooling and assembly processes.
- Problem solving using lean six sigma tools.
- Work closely with other departments (finance, sales, design/engineering) to achieve strategic objectives of the business.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-4 years’ maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment ideally with experience in medical devise or pharmaceuticals.
- Strong project management experience.
- Proficient in Solid Works 2D/3D and catheter project experience would be an advantage.
- Capable of analysing designs via FEAs and simulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of design for manufacturing of injection tools and assembly processes.
- Experience in the design and development of plastic products for manufacture and assembly.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Niall on 09064-90485.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV`s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.