Job Details for Senior Consultant Fund Accounting
What you need to know
You will work as a Senior Consultant in Fund Accounting for our client, an Investment Bank company in Dublin. Our client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
Senior Consultants within Fund Accounting are responsible for accurately reviewing and sign off on NAV calculations. Senior Consultants are required to be the subject matter expert on the team for all fund, investment and product specific requirements. They must be able to take the lead in rolling out new system enhancements/procedures and collate and provide feedback from Fund Accounting to the different interest groups e.g. Training/BPA’s. A Senior Consultants role and day to day responsibilities are documented in further detailed below
This is a 11 month contract job.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Operational Risk Management
Fund Accounting Senior Consultants (SC) must have an appropriate level of technical knowledge to monitor and manage partner adherence to operational procedures and controls. SC’s must have an ability to lead dialogue and give direction to internal partners, clients and senior management in relation to complex Fund Types, Strategies and Product offerings. A Senior Consultant is generally an SME in one or more of these areas and provides expert opinion for department wide challenges and acts as a point of contact for FA locally, regionally and globally as required.
SC’s must provide guidance on operational solutions and promote/recommend best practice procedures for the department. They will be required to identify and highlight any potential areas of risk and present alternative solutions to maintain NAV accuracy. SC’s will guide and improve knowledge of direct reports in the resolution of non-routine and complex issues, and keep abreast of regulatory and department updates.
SC’s lead departmental and team level initiatives, and encourage team to recommend any improvements in controls. SC’s are required to actively participate in Departmental initiatives to mitigate risk and standardize operational processes and implement recommended best practice across teams.
Day to day risk management responsibilities available on request;
- Client Service and Quality – Accuracy & Timeliness
A Senior Consultant is responsible for minimizing errors in all deliverables at all stages. The target for accuracy NAV accuracy is 99.90%. To maintain this level of accuracy each Senior Consultant must organize, manage and monitor the team’s operation process to achieve the department accuracy and timeliness goals for all deliverables. In addition Senior Consultants must deliver an excellent service to our clients by achieving the SLA deadlines and other agreed targets, such as responding to client, audit & internal queries.
Day to day Client Service and Quality responsibilities available on request;
- Productivity and Change Control Management
Senior Consultants within the FA department own the communication and adoption of projects and change control departmental initiatives across teams. This includes the establishment and maintenance of a Team Project Run-Book to aid operational team manage competing priorities and BAU stress points ensuring all initiatives are adopted within your team.
Day to day Productivity and Change Control management are available on request;
As part of Senior Consultants career development each partner must plan, develop and enhance core project management skillset including the completion on an annual basis of at least one project / change management training course from recommended list and demonstrating the skill learned through the successful delivery of an initiative to your team and department.
Apply project and change management best practice relevant to the role you are playing on an initiative
- Acting as an SME on a strategic project
- Acting as a UAT partner in a testing environment
- Acting as the PM in an FA Innovation or Solution initiative
- Acting as the process / product SME in the roll out of a specific FA initiative
- Leading a process optimization review of a FA task and delivering an enhanced solution to the business areas.
- Outsourcing & Oversight
Senior Consultants must safeguard for all Client / Fund outsourced arrangements for which they are responsible, ensure all standards required by the Outsourcing Policy and Procedures are followed. In relation to all new outsourcing arrangements, or changes to existing outsourcing arrangements, SC’s confirm new arrangements/changes are managed in accordance with the Outsourcing Policy and Procedures and Annex II of Chapter 5 of the AIF Rulebook.
Day to day Outsourcing and Oversight responsibilities are available on request;
Skills / Experience
Experience/Systems/Client Servicing/People Management
- Maintain an understanding of the industry and the company, in particular systems, infrastructure and process/data flows.
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting Applications
- Experience with vendors preferred (Bloomberg, Reuters etc).
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface to other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces.
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instill a client service culture among staff and ensure that all clients receive a quality service.
- Team management and quality and SLA control.
- Collaborate and consult with project/assignment stakeholders with ease. Prepare and recommend solutions to project/assignment issues and risk factors. Provide regular updates to the stakeholders on project status
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans, and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Be an effective communicator, motivator, coach and mentor.
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Leads by example and actively mentors and coaches individuals on the team. Provides guidance, knowledge and feedback to mentees. Mentors individuals and peers during a project/assignment.
- Relevant Professional Qualifications
- PC skills training.
- Disciplined, authoritative, determined, enthusiastic, good communicator, coach, mentor. Negotiation Skills.
- Confident, well-balanced and resilient, must be approachable and gain respect.
- Results-oriented, ambitious, highly driven.
- Enthusiasm to improve company performance and systems.
- Staff motivator and trainer. Show initiative.
- Ability to think and act creatively, identifies solutions as well as issues
The above duties, skills and experiences are not the full exhausted list. More information available on application.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah O’Donnell on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.