Job Details for Senior Buyer
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment is currently recruiting a Senior Buyer for a Manufacturing company in Co Westmeath.
This a permanent position and you will report to the Managing Director.
As a Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for the sourcing of quality direct & indirect production materials while maximising cost savings & ensuring on time deliveries to the production process.
The position will include the following responsibilities
- Work closely with the production team to forecast production demands
- Negotiate the best prices possible with suppliers for production parts including managing order quantities & delivery efficiencies
- Source new parts & new suppliers where necessary
- Attend meetings & trade conferences when required
- Taking control of importing materials from UK, Europe & Turkey & ensuring economic timely delivery
- Ensuring stock levels and most up to date pricings are accurately recorded on the company’s ERP system and appropriately recorded as the vehicles move through the production process
- Responsible for the promotion of cost saving throughout the company ordering processes
- A Degree qualification in Supply Chain is an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant purchasing experience within manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills & commercial awareness
- Strong ERP experience & MS office
- Act on own initiative, strong IT, administrative, planning, organisation and communication skills.
If you are interested in this position and would like to more about this company over the phone initially, please forward your CV to Breda Dooley or call me on 0906490485