Job Details for Business Development Manager
What you need to know
You will work as a Business Development Manager for our client, a leading and renowned hotel in Waterford.
This is a permanent job with a competitive salary.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Sales and Marketing Manager will work closely with the Sales and Marketing and Events team.
The key focus of this role is new business generation and will require travel outside of the Waterford area (2-3 days each week)
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct targeted face to face appointments per week including DMC’s/PCO’s/ Event Management Companies to secure business for new hotel facilities
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Manager in developing and implementing the annual Sales and Marketing Activity plan for all market segments.
- Set and manage the sales and marketing monthly budget spend.
- Work in conjunction with Group Revenue Manager to achieve hotel revenue targets.
- Completes a weekly activity report on own activity and presents to General Manager and Group Revenue Manager
- Ensures a similar activity report is produced by the Hotel Sales and Marketing Manager
- Ensures the group’s brand message is communicated on all sales calls.
- Responsible for recruiting, coaching and appraising all of sales team.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar sales role in the Hospitality sector – ESSENTIAL.
- Report writing skills and budget management skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Flexibility is an essential requirement of this position with a strong ability to multitask.
- The ability to lead a team and motivate others.
- Previous experience recruiting, coaching and appraising a team.
- Must be an excellent team player as well as work well on their own initiative.
- Superior customer service skills and a good understanding of reputation management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah O’Donnell on 051353825
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent. By applying, you are giving consent for Matrix Recruitment to contact you about this job.