Job Details for Research & Development Manager
What you need to know
You will work as a Research and Development Manager in Co. Waterford for our client in the medical devices industry.
This is an exciting opportunity with a company who value their employees. You will successfully lead, support and work with the team to develop medical devices using the company’s novel proprietary materials and technology. You will motivate and coordinate the team to achieve their respective projects within a specified time line. You will be working closely with R&D Director.
This a permanent role and the salary is negotiable.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Develop NPD project plans with stakeholders
- Update, maintain and monitor project plans in line with the company’s objectives.
- Work to achieve goals and objectives as defined in the R&D project plans.
- Carry out procedures, FMEcA and Risk Analysis.
- Product development through all stage of the product life cycle.
- Control and preservation of proprietary and third party intellectual property and ensure that all property generated is captured stored and protected.
- Coordination of clinical studies and trials.
- Prepare ongoing progress reports on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for implementing issues relating to medical devices under development.
- Responsible for implementing systems and procedures to satisfy the requirements associated with R&D grant scheme applications and subsequent claims.
- Ensure that NPD development is compliant with the company’s regulatory and quality systems, procedures, documentation and CE marking criteria.
- Generation and control of documentation for design history and technical files.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Mechanical or Polymer engineering, Industrial design, Chemistry, Biomechanics or Material Science.
- 3 year + experience working in the medical device sector along with 2 year hands on experience supervising a team in R&D
- Ability to “think outside the box” to work on own initiative with a disciplined approach to problem solving.
- ISO OR FSA regulatory system experience ideal but essential.
- Experience using tool design and injection moulding is an advantage along with CAD drawing packages.
- Full clean driving license with own transport.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Joanne on 01 4690901.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.