Job Details for Research & Development Engineer
What you need to know
You will work as a Research and Development Engineer in Co. Waterford for our client in the medical devices industry.
This is an exciting opportunity with a company who value their employees. You will team the R&D team and report into the Research and Development Manager. You will work on your own initiative while your disciplined approach to problem solving and task completion ensures timely delivery of project milestones.
This a permanent role and the salary is negotiable.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Product development through all stages of the product life cycle. Idea generation through to commercialisation.
- Generation and testing of prototypes and sample products
- Material development
- Manufacturing and process development
- Carry out Design & Development procedures, FMEcA, Risk analysis.
- Follow projects plans in line with company objectives
- Liaison with Universities, Institutes, suppliers and commercial organisation when required.
- Work to achieve goals and objectives as defined in R&D projects plans.
- Support operations to source and validate suppliers and ensure necessary materials are available when required for the R&D programme and manufacturing.
- Liaise with appointed Quality and regulatory affairs coordinator.
- Monitor regulatory issues relating to medical devices under development.
- Ensure that product development, audits, and compliance for CE marking
- Generation and control of documentation for design history and technical files
- Testing and characterisation of materials.
- Support manufacturing team and design transfers to production
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial design, Manufacturing, polymer engineering, Chemistry, Biomechanics or Material Science.
- 2 years’ hand on product development experience.
- Familiarity with design and development procedures and experience of building/contributing to design history file during product development is ideal but not essential.
- Capable of delivering and maintaining momentum to achieve project milestones.
- ISO OR FSA regulatory system experience ideal but essential.
- Experience using tool design and injection moulding is an advantage along with CAD drawing packages.
- Full clean driving license with own transport.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Joanne on 01 4690901.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.