Job Details for Project Manager/Gardener
Matrix Recruitment Group are recruiting for a Project Manager/Gardener. This is a Contract job located in Co. Carlow.
To assist in the provision of efficient, high quality, skilled maintenance of the 10 acre pleasure grounds, and gardens. To maximise visitor enjoyment by maintaining excellent standards of presentation of the historic ‘green’ environment and gardens.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Seasonal maintenance of flower, shrub, kitchen gardens, woodland gardens and parks, with specialised historic and botanic plant collections, including trees, hedges, shrubs, roses, wall trained fruit trees, climbers, herbaceous plants and annuals. This includes deadheading, watering, staking, weeding, cutting back, etc.
- Garden Enhancement.
- With guidance from line management provide assistance and supervision to other garden staff.
- General maintenance.
- Formative, seasonal and rejuvative pruning of deciduous and evergreen trees, shrubs, climbers and hedges.
- Use of garden machinery as necessary including mowers, strimmers, tractor and trailers, shredders / chippers, scarifiers and other machinery and hired plant.
- Machine maintenance if required.
- Turf maintenance.
- The appropriate, timely and safe use of pesticides, as directed.
- Optimum use of composting systems.
- Maintenance of paths, gates and other hard landscaping.
- Oversee other business elements of the complex including liaison with craft units and other services.
- Assist with the supervision and training of Trainee Gardeners and other staff as directed and to ensure that craft skills are learned and used by them, training them where necessary.
What are we looking for?
- National Diploma in Horticulture at the National Botanic Gardens, Horticulture or equivalent qualification
- 3 years’ relevant experience
- Good character and in good health
- Team management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, organisational skills and be highly motivated with the ability to run multiple projects
- Competent driver with a clean category B full driving licence
- Be prepared to work a 39 hour flexible week.
To apply please send in your most up to date CV to Carol Lochab at matrixrecruitment.ie or call 0599139070 for more information on the job role. Closing date Friday 26th May.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.