Job Details for Project Manager – Financial Services
What you need to know
You will work as an Project Manager for our client, a large Multinational Life Insurance Company in Navan. The company are a major player in the global insurance industry.
You will work closely with the Change Management team, business subject matter experts, Operations, IT and external data providers to define, design, document and implement system and process improvements in business critical functions.
This is a 12-month contract job.
This role requires a combination of detailed business knowledge together with an understanding of the technologies required to run a Financial Services business.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Project Definition and Planning
- Project Delivery
- Project Reporting and Controls
- Project closure
- Project Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Service Delivery
What are we looking for?
- Highly effective in the methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects, including methods and techniques for reporting progress and financial compliance against an agreed plan
- Ability to plan and manage own workload to meet specific deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to understand and meet the needs of internal and external customers, while balancing their needs with that of the business
- Undertaking training and practice in negotiating with and influencing others
- Enabling team members to deliver results by providing an appropriate mix of consultation, support, development and direction matched to individual needs.
- Understands the requirement for driving continuous improvement within the context of strategic objectives. Makes an effective contribution in implementing change.
- Understanding the hierarchy and culture of own, customer and supplier organisations and being able to identify the decision makers and influencers. Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with key individuals.
- Ability to maintain high standards of performance, taking initiative and showing creativity where required
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years Project Management experience
- Educated to degree level, coupled with relevant professional qualifications such as Prince2 or PMP.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple cross-functional projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Typically at least 5 years experience within the banking / insurance sector in related supervisory / managerial roles; ideally coupled with relevant managerial qualifications
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051353825.
Matrix Recruitment is acting as the Employment Agency for this position.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent. By applying, you are giving consent for Matrix Recruitment to contact you about this job.