Job Details for Production Shift Team Leader
Matrix Recruitment Group is currently seeking a Production Shift Team Leader to be based in Kilkenny/Waterford region.
As the Production Shift Team Leader you will be responsible for managing and motivating a Shift Production Team on a 24/7 operation to achieve Plant Production targets and promote a culture of continuous improvement across the site.
This is a permanent job.
- Maintain work flow & responsible for the execution of the production plan on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Act as key decision maker in relation to production impacting decisions.
- Act as a key point of authority for all team members, and resolve any people related issues.
- Lead the daily shift handover meeting, ensure meeting objectives are met.
- Maximise team understanding in relation to performance against KPIs.
- Drive team performance through feedback, coaching, counselling and training team members and coordinating systems, policies, and procedures to optimise multi-skilling across the team.
- Working with maintenance team, agree priorities relating to maximising plant performance.
- Ensure standardised procedures are enforced and adhered to.
- Promote a culture of excellence.
- Support the development and implementation quality service standards.
- Ensure that quality documentation is completed and signed off correctly.
- Contribute to the development of site culture and act as role model for Plant values and behaviours.
- Champion and instil a culture of continuous improvement based on LEAN Manufacturing principles.
- Monitor Effluent plant performance and environmental compliance.
- Promote a safety culture within the plant.
- 3rd level degree in Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline.
- 2 years minimum manufacturing experience in a similar role preferably in a food/drinks environment.
- Proven experience in managing and motivating a team.
- Experience in operating/delivering on, the highest quality standards in the manufacturing sector.
- Results driven & customer focused in a fast moving challenging business environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Track record in decision-making and ability to work on own initiative.
Apply now to Patricia or get in touch on 059 9139070 for more information.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.