Job Details for Product Development Technologist
Matrix Recruitment Group is currently seeking an Product Development Technologist to be based in Tipperary.
As the Product Development Technologist you will work for our client, a Food/Beverage company, in a permanent job.
As a Product Development Technologist you will be expected to develop products through the development process from initiation to launch including bench work, taste panelling, customer presentation, carrying out trials, finished product specifications and first production.
- Product sample presentations to customers.
- Complete recipe development and recipe costings.
- Source new ingredients as required.
- Arrange trial/ pre-production on new products.
- Complete customer/ finished product specifications to a high standard with a right first time policy.
- Sign off artwork for packaging of new lines ensuring adherence to all relevant labelling legislation.
- Make samples for internal and external presentations, nutritional analysis and reference samples for trial/ launch
- Maintain documents related to the new product development process.
- Liaise with sales managers regarding project updates.
- To keep up to date with culinary, dietary and new processing trends.
- Third level Honours degree in Food Science/ Consumer Studies or related subject.
- 2+ years’ experience in new product development environment within the beverage sector is desirable.
- A proven track record taking projects from start to finish.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of product costings.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – proven ability to work with other departments.
- Pays close attention to detail with excellent organisational skills and proven ability to handle multiple tasks/ priorities.
Our highly experienced consultants are here to help find the right job for you. Apply now or get in touch with Cathal regarding this role on 059 9139070 for more information.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.