Job Details for Accountant – Private Equity Consultant
What you need to know
You will work as Private Equity Consultant for our client, an Investment Bank company in Limerick. Our client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
Based in our Limerick office and reporting to the Head of Alternatives in Ireland you will be responsible for the oversight of the Alternatives Teams to ensure that all corporate policies and procedures are being followed, that key business risk is being managed, that adequate oversight is in place for any off shore activities and for other key business support activities such management reporting and budget monitoring.
This is an 11-month contract job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Produce monthly MIS on Alternatives Ireland KPIs, cost saving initiatives, and operational enhancement plans for senior management and IEMG;
- Manage operational enhancement projects, such as:
- Transition of alternatives board reporting to centralised board reporting team
- Assessment of tax and regulatory changes (e.g. Finance Act 2016)
- 3rd party banking management
- Carry out oversight and strategic planning for outsourcing arrangements.
- Manage any Internal Audit, Depositary and Compliance reviews
- Carry out Risk & Control Self-Assessment updates and periodic reviews.
- Participate in new business calls and reviews as required by the RM team.
- Carry out periodic review and update of standardised SLD templates, in conjunction with the RM team.
- Manage BCP documentation, reviews and simulations for Alternatives.
- Organise events such as management strategy sessions, department All-Staff meetings, and interdepartmental Knowledge Share sessions.
- Co-ordinate with other Alternatives support departments/stakeholders, including Control, Compliance, Training and BPA.
- Manage authorised signatory lists for Private Equity and REIFs.
What are we looking for?
- Part qualified or qualified accountant.
- Graduate degree or relevant professional qualification;
- Experience in a senior project management, finance or fund administration role;
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge and experience of operating within a heavily regulated environment.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.