Job Details for Planner
What you need to know
My client a Pharmaceutical Company is now recruiting a Planner. This is a permanent position based in Co. Galway.
The Planner will be responsible for the planning & scheduling of the production lines. This role reports into a Senior Planner.
- To maintain the MRP data on the system for assigned products and areas
- Support the preparation of the Sales & Operations Planning Business Process
- To ensure that forecasts for the assigned area of responsibility are converted to orders at the time fences.
- To assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability and define the first promise date for delivery
- To review monthly the capacity loading for the assigned workcentre reporting potential bottlenecks and issues.
- Prepare assigned schedule in co-operation with relevant departments.
- To prioritise planned production in assigned areas in the case conflicts and bottlenecks.
- To liaise with purchasing and artwork control to manage BOM changes in line with customer requirements
- Liaise with customers with regards to delivery dates, order status, etc. for the areas assigned
- Manage schedules such that short shelf materials are identified and consumed before expiring.
- Prepare supply chain metrics on a weekly basis.
- Manage the assigned shipping schedules
- Reporting to senior management on a weekly and ad hoc basis on Key Performance Indicators
- Chair routine and ad hoc planning and scheduling meetings as required
- Engineering/Business degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years experience of planning/scheduling in a regulated industry ideally pharmaceuticals
- Qualification in or studying APICS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Experience of production, manufacturing or packing operations essential
If you would like to find out more about the role give me a call on 090 64 90485 or email over your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org