Job Details for Personal Injury Claims Team Manager
What you need to know
You will work as a Bodily Injury & Motor Claims Team Manager for our client, an Insurance PLC company in Wexford. Our client is one of Ireland’s leading general insurance companies. This is a great opportunity to become part of the team and start your career in insurance.
Working as a Bodily Injury & Motor Claims Team Manager in Wexford you will be responsible for the team management and performance of claims handlers in the areas of Motor Damage & Bodily Injury Claims as well as playing a key role in the overall management of the Motor Line of Business performance.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & competencies:
- Manage and supervise a team to achieve operational and financial targets.
- Ensure continued focus on technical excellence – meeting the customer expectations whilst controlling the cost of the claim.
- Technical referral point within the team and to provide clear guidance and strategy on claims to ensure a timely resolution of cases.
- Responsible for completion of file reviews in accordance with the quality programme set out for the team, along with analysis of QA results and resultant actions to drive improvement.
- Responsibility to ensure appropriate and timely reserving within the team in line with the companies reserving policy.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, governance and quality standards.
- Manage complaints, arbitration and ombudsman cases.
- Identification of training needs and implementing training requirements
- Ensuring appropriate SMART Objectives and Individual Development Plans are in place.
- Performance management of the team members ensuring timely and appropriate feedback, actively and visibly managing poor performance.
- Utilise performance MI to drive business improvement against key claims metrics and personal / team objectives.
- Identification of trends and escalation to management.
- Ensure team identify subrogation opportunities and fraud potential and make appropriate and timely referrals where necessary.
- Monitoring the quality of Claims Vendor performance and feeding back to our Vendor Team.
- Creating claims initiatives that drive continuous improvement from an operational excellence or financial aspect.
- Continually seeking process improvements in team performance, process efficiency and customer service.
- Timely authorisation of claims payments.
Experience & Education:
- 5+ years’ motor claims experience.
- Previous experience in a Leadership role is desirable.
- Educated to degree standard or holding or making progress towards CII qualification with a minimum of CIP qualification.
- Experienced in workflow management and leading high performance teams delivering proactive solutions in the management of motor & bodily injury claims.
- Expert technical knowledge of claims practices and the legal environment.
- Expert technical knowledge of products and services.
- Proven track record of planning and implementing change programs.
- Have a strong proven track record of people and performance management; be adept at creating and sustaining a high performance culture.
- Have an ability to identify and build talent within teams.
- Pro-actively build and support advancement of staff’s technical abilities through training and further education.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – oral and written.
- Strong project management skillset.
- Proven ability to be innovative with the customer in mind.
- Proven ability to manage team within quality.
- High level relationship building skills both internally and externally.
- Build and sustain a high-performance culture.
Key Personal Attributes
A comprehensive study support and examination reward package will be provided in pursuit of CIP and/or ACII qualifications.
A generous benefits package is also in place including pension, VHI Subsidy, discounts on personal insurance products, free access to EAP programme, cycle to work scheme, flu vaccines annually.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.