Job Details for Part Qual Actuary – Insurance Industry
What you need to know
You will work as an Actuary for our client, a large Multinational Life Insurance Company in Meath. The company are a major player in the global insurance industry.
Working as an Actuary you will report to the Reporting Actuary. The candidate will demonstrate good experience in embedded value market consistent valuations and actuarial stochastic models.
This is a permanent position.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- To assist in the design of new product, reviewing the product specifications, implementing the liability model and calculating the cost of the guarantees and the related cash-flows.
- The role holder will assist in the production of reports and associated actuarial recommendations.
- To monitor the validity of the reinsurance premium for the new business.
- To support the accountant of the division in the preparation of the statutory and regulatory Financial Reports.
- To assist in the calculation of the EV and Risk Capital and Solvency II for VA division.
- To carry out other job-related roles and duties as and when required by management for the effective running of the division.
- To provide support when required to the actuarial team in reporting and product development functions.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified or Part Qualified Actuary with less than 4 outstanding exams.
- Experience (3 years +) in actuarial life department of insurance companies.
- Experience in pricing and product development an advantage.
- Knowledge of professional actuarial liability stochastic model (example Prophet, Moses, Atlas)
- Proficiency with PC-based software like Excel, Visual Basic for excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Other software knowledge (SQL language, Mat-Lab) would be an advantage.
- Good numeric skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work to own initiative – self-starter.
- Italian language an advantage.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.