Job Details for Packaging Engineering Manager
What you need to know
You will work as a Packaging Engineering Manager and will work for our medical device client based in Galway.
This is a permanent position with excellent opportunities for career progression within a large medical devices company.
You will provide the organisation with the skills to enable flow, advanced problem solving and improve business performance.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities
- Lead and grow and motivate engineering staff to provide leadership in design and development of packaging solutions across R&D programs
- Provide project support activity across the engineering support team
- Collaborate closely with the R&D Management team on program support and resource needs
- Apply development tools in the areas of predictive engineering
- Collaborate with the R&D support team to understand objectives and evaluate connection for your reports
- Track and monitor key performance metrics for team through all phases of the development process
- Strong customer orientation and support the team in customer focused voice of customer analysis
- Apply technical analysis to support your team in decision making process
- Ensure the team understand edge of failure analysis for a design concept
- Work with the process development team on characterization of new equipment and technology
- Build relationships with management and leadership staff for functions that are important to team success
- Drive a culture of innovation driving ideas which add value to the customer experience
- Partner with a global package engineering organisation and cross functional staff at other sites
- Communicate with Senior Leadership staff in representing the package engineering function
What are we looking for?
- BEng in Science/Engineering or related discipline
- 6-8 years’ experience ideally within the medical device sector
- 3-5 years’ experience in an engineering management function
- Strong project leadership, facilitation and interpersonal skills and ability
- Experience in packaging system design development
- Strong team player with excellent communication, collaboration and engagement skills
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Niall on 09064-90485.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV`s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.