Job Details for New Product Developer
Matrix Recruitment Group is currently seeking a New Product Developer to be based in Tipperary.
As the New Product Developer you will work for our client, a Food company, in a perm job.
As a New Product Developer you will take a product from the idea stage to the shelf.
- Assist in market research on concepts, technologies, new ingredients, packaging & products aimed at strategically moving the business forward to the front of the market.
- To liaise with suppliers on sourcing ingredients, packaging and meat raw materials.
- Provide accurate updates to Sales Managers & NPD Co-ordinator on sample development/preparation status.
- Co-ordinate sample trial production to ensure that samples are prepared correctly.
- Assist in sensory panels to assess product samples.
- Informing sales managers & customer of any delay in delivery of samples.
- Assist with the introduction of new product lines, product improvements and process improvements.
- Co-ordinating product launches using project control systems.
- Liaising with quality and production departments in relation to new product launches
- Coordination of sample production for cooking validation trials, shelf life, nutrition & product photography.
- Completion of product launch documentation.
- Supporting the quality manager in completion of production specification forms.
- Reporting to NPD Co-ordinator & Sales Managers of launch progress.
- Organising and scaling up of pre-production runs when necessary.
- Interacting with the customer to support sales staff.
- Co-ordinate with customers directly and develop key relationships with key customers.
- Hold a relevant 3rd level qualification in Food Science or related subject.
- 1-3 years’ experience desirable within new product development preferably within cooked meats.
- Passionate about a career within the food industry and be interested in food.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage, influence and lead teams.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance, quality systems and standards.
Our highly experienced consultants are here to help find the right job for you. Apply now or get in touch with Cathal regarding this role on 059 9139070 for more information.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.