Job Details for Management Accountant
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment is working closely with our Food processing company client in in Co. Offaly in the recruitment of a Management Accountant.
We are looking for a Management Accountant to prepare and manage all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position and cash flows for the plant
This is a permanent position. You will be responsible for 1 member of staff and you will be required to report to the Group Financial Accountant.
Your new job
- You will need to ensure the timely preparation and presentation of weekly site accounting reports and KPI data with relevant comparisons to the budget and also ensure accurate product costings.
- You will be required to engage in weekly on-site meetings to discuss the company’s operational performance and to communicate the results to the Group Financial Accountant.
- You will be responsible for providing detailed analysis of factor affecting production variances, site overheads and other site costs, sharing this information to improve visibility and understanding, operating efficiency and to drive cost reductions.
- Work with Production Management to review labour planning efficiencies to ensure production targets are met and labour costs as to a minimum.
- To support business improvement initiatives to the site’s operations.
- To assist in the site’s cost reduction, coordinate project ideas and evaluate financial implications.
- Prepare and submit group monthly accounts to HQ.
- Prepare Annual Budgets and weekly forecasts.
- Maintain and manage financial systems, procedures and policies.
What are we looking for?
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification or related discipline.
- 3 years post qualification as a Management Accountant preferably in a manufacturing industry.
- Proven work experience in a fast-paced accounting environment.
- Experience in cost accounting.
- Excellent working knowledge and literacy of IT.
- Strong administrative and communication skills. Have the capability to work on one’s own initiative.
- Have the ability to multitask and meet required deadlines.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 09064 90485.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.