Job Details for HVAC / Refrigeration Service Engineer
What you need to know
You will work as an HVAC Service Engineer/ Refrigeration Service Engineer for our client and will be required to travel Nationwide. A lot of the time will be based around the South-East.
The role will involve the maintenance, repair and commissioning of the full range of HVAC equipment (air and water cooled chillers, roof top packages and DX room cooling units). The successful candidate will receive in-house training and be backed up by our service team and factory based engineers.
Our client offers a nationwide service so the successful candidate will be expected to travel throughout the country and will also be expected to overnight on location from time to time. The successful candidate will be part of the “on call” rota – this will be every 7 weeks for a week.
What are we looking for?
- 5 + Years` experience in a field service role
- Proven experience with servicing large water and air cooled chillers.
- Proven experience with fault finding on complex chiller plant and refrigeration systems.
- F-gas certified.
- Familiarity with the use of PC based tools (MS word, Excel etc) and other proprietary type software.
- Proven ability to work is a self-sustaining manner with limited recourse to direct supervision.
- Full, Clean Driver`s license.
- Permit to work in the EU.
- Excellent technical & diagnostic skills.
- Strong ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
- Experience working on large chiller plant (air cooled and water cooled with screw, scroll and centrifugal compressors)
- Working knowledge of VSD’s and conventional motor starter controls.
- Strong understanding of HVAC systems, both water side and air side.
- Understanding of BMS systems and other systems of control.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent Team Working skills
- Professional certifications are desirable.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Rena on01 4690901.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.