Job Details for Health & Safety Specialist
Your new company
This company are a leading manufacturer of pharmaceutical product and they are currently looking to hire a Health & Safety Specialist to join their team.
This is a permanent position.
Your new role
As a Health & Safety Specialist you will be responsible for overseeing and recommending resolutions to problems in the environmental, health and safety discipline within EMEA region including compliance programs, monitoring processes and coordinating with service providers to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Serve as technical expert to advise supervisors and management on the best methods to resolve environmental, health and safety concerns.
- Evaluate trends to performance of safe work and root causes of accidents.
- Develop action plans to control or eliminate hazards in the workplace.
- Ensures safe removal and disposal of hazardous/biological waste from the facility.
- Conduct workplace audits and inspections to identify and alleviate environmental factors potentially affecting the health and safety of employees, specific assessments, recommends equipment, procedures, assignments or other actions to identify problems or concerns.
- Plans, develops and conducts safety, occupational health and related training activities or facilitate meetings to discuss safety concerns.
- You may also be required to act as a Radiation Safety Officer, monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations, safety programs, injury prevention programs, building, fire etc.
- Prepares management reports and correspondence related to program evaluation and performance measures; oversees the maintenance of required records and reports.
What you need to succeed
- Degree in health/safety/environmental sciences.
- IOSH or NEBOSH Certification is desirable.
- At least 2-4 years working experience in Clinical Lab/Lab Pharma.
- Knowledge of EHS regulations in Ireland is essential.
- Experience of laboratory and hazardous waste regulations.
- Must be flexible to travel within the E.U.
- Understanding of ergonomics and how to manage assessments.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good work ethic with attention to detail.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Marguerite on email@example.com
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.