Job Details for Group Risk Specialist- Life & PHI
What you need to know
You will work as a Group Risk Specialist for our client, a large Multinational Life Insurance Company in Dublin. The company are a major player in the global insurance industry.
Working as a Group Risk Specialist you will report to the Head of Existing Business Operations, the candidate will demonstrate a specialist level of Group Risk Knowledge. (income protection, critical illness and life & disability Insurance)
The successful candidate must be fully proficient in managing income protection, critical illness and life & disability Insurance schemes.
As a member of the Employee Benefits operations team the candidate will be responsible for the allocation and supervision of work to the Group Risk operations team. The GR Specialist will hold a critical role in the delivery of EB project initiatives ensuring best practice process improvement initiatives are supported and realised. The candidate will deliver on our promise to our customers ensuring all group risk schemes are administered to the highest standards whilst supporting customer retention strategies.
This is a permanent position.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- The role holder will take responsibility for the delivery of EB Operations targets.
- The individual will be able to work accurately and independently acting as a point of escalation for team whilst, supporting, coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Responsible for administering schemes and retaining existing customers, balancing both operational and technical skills with the ability to achieve results.
- Proactively manage client issues seeing through to successful resolution.
- Assume a lead role on project and process improvement initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with all internal departments, claims, EB sales, pricing, underwriting, compliance, finance, and the wider business to support the free exchange of technical risk information and achievement of Business initiatives/objectives.
- Provide accurate and timely MI reports as required.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5 years group risk experience with a proven level of technical competency in this area.
- Solution focused problem solver coupled with the ability to manually calculate individual member benefits.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of process improvement operating as a lead in SME Projects.
- Proven influencing skills in the area of stakeholder management and customer relations.
- Candidate would preferably be Degree Qualified or be QFA qualified as a minimum.
- Advanced analytical & MS Office skills with a high level of competency in Excel.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.