Job Details for Fund Accounting Team Leader
What you need to know
You will work as Fund Accounting Team Leader for our client, an Investment Bank company in Limerick. Our client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. This is a great opportunity to become part of the team.
The successful candidate evaluate and reconcile complex funds including mutual, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports or for daily valuation..
This is a 11 -month contract job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure Valuations are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Organise workload and Team members in an efficient and effective manner
- Carry out duties in accordance with procedures and SDs
- Work closely with Manager on various processes / projects
- Ensure all fees / expenses are paid on time
- Reconcile all queries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- To proactively and effectively establish a level of client knowledge ensuring all requirements are met and allow the team build the relationship further.
- Proactively seek to identify and improve current core procedures.
- Encourage others to come forward with ideas.
- Act as effective team leader within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
- Deliver training /coaching effectively.
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff.
- Liaise with other units – Shareholder Services, Trustee, Data Management, Control etc.
- Manage the team in order that all deadlines are met in an efficient manner.
- Understand risk in own team, help others to understand this and to recognise that risk is everyone’s responsibility.
- To be viewed as a role model in the team.
- Manage the allocation of the workload in a fair and efficient manner.
- Delegate appropriately.
What are we looking for?
- Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of financial instruments, Valuations business & Central Bank regulations a must.
- Business or financial services qualification or studying for same. This is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Strong experience as a Fund Administrator /Accountant with evidence of involvement at a supervisory level through running and coordinating projects, training staff or quality checking team’s work is a distinct advantage.
- Procedural knowledge
- Customer Service Orientation
- Concern for Quality
- Team Working
- Organisation and planning
- Resilience and Self Control
- Problem solving
- Computer Skills – Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel, Word etc. Working knowledge of Sungard’s Invest One Enterprise Fund Accounting system would be beneficial
- Effective in the use of a variety of communication methods.
- Identify and ‘own’ problems, correct them as far as is possible and refer as/if appropriate.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah O’Donnell on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.