Job Details for Firmware / Software Engineer
What you need to know
You will work as a Firmware/Software Engineer for our client, a successful and well-established multinational company in South Tipperary. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a leading and reputable organisation and build a career.
This is a permanent position offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for firmware and software programming of medical devices and systems.
Your new job
- Develop complete Firmware and software solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware team to define the architecture of new products.
- Microcontroller selection for new designs.
- Develop Bluetooth communications solutions for medical devices and apps.
- Debug, verification and validation of design.
- Document design progress and activity.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Participate in cross functional product development.
- Demonstrate best-in-class software development methodologies.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues to develop robust designs meeting all of the required design inputs
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Computer science / Electronic engineering, or related field (Ideally in medical devices / regulated industry).
- 5+ years’ experience developing embedded code in C or C++.
- Having worked in Medical device software systems is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Experience with Microcontrollers such Microchip, Atmel and TI.
- Experience with motor control and fluidics an advantage.
- Familiarity with popular interfaces: CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422
- Embedded fundamentals: Timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, Watchdog, Interrupts, Power saving etc
- Proficiency in understanding electronics schematics and use of lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator, etc.)
- Strong communication and influencing skills – good listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in motor control would be an advantage.
- Android Application development would be an advantage
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah O’Donnell on 051-353825
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.