Job Details for Financial Reporting Accountant
What you need to know
You will work as Financial Accountant for our client, an Investment Bank company in Limerick. Our client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
This is an opportunity for an individual who is proficient in accounting to work on and eventually manage large and/or complex projects meeting the financial and regulatory reporting needs of our clients as part of a team. The successful candidate will be technically competent, and will demonstrate a broad and in-depth knowledge in the field, plus strong knowledge in related areas.
Fully qualified or almost qualified Accountants required
This is a 12-month contract job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for the Investment Funds under administration.
- Deliver high quality service to clients through accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information. Be responsive to clients and anticipate their needs.
- Preparation of any group, board or ad hoc reporting required by your clients.
- Liaise with external auditors and deal with audit queries. Manage the audit process for your clients.
- Preparation of regulatory returns.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Ensuring tax compliance deadlines are met for the funds assigned to you.
- Preparing and/or reviewing tax computations as required.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate. Liaise with other units – Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee, Fund Accounting, Client Services, Legal, and Client Expenses.
- Train other colleagues in your areas of expertise.
- Take part in transition and improvement projects as required.
- Liaise with colleagues in support locations, assist in planning outsourced work and provide colleagues in support locations with timely feedback on work provided. Review all work received from support locations.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
What are we looking for?
- Ideal candidate will have a third level qualification in accounting/finance. The candidate may be a part qualified accountant and interested in completing their qualification.
- Experience within the Funds Industry (ideally 3+ years), financial reporting background an advantage.
- An appreciation of accounting principles is required.
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all tasks, recognising and following through on opportunities to deliver improved efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Invest One/Enterprise advantageous. Excel experience is essential.
- Excellent client servicing skills
- A team player.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.