Job Details for Financial Controller
What you need to know
Our client is an indigenous Irish Pharmaceutical Company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller.
This is a permanent position.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for all aspects of the financial control, strategic development, developing and implement financial policies, and leadership. You will be responsible for the leadership and development of the finance team. This requires an individual who has worked and progressive track record at the senior management level.
Excellent package on offer.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Management and development of the finance function.
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete financial reporting to Senior Management.
- Responsible for the management of Cash and Treasury function.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts based on financial forecast model.
- Completion of monthly management accounts including financial analysis and reporting packs.
- Assure appropriate statutory and tax compliance.
- Participate in driving business opportunities and involved in strategic discussions. Oversee financial reporting (including internal / external reporting)
- Manage preparation of monthly/quarterly and annual Group Accounts within tight reporting deadlines
- Manage annual audits by the Company’s independent auditor.
- Collect, analyse, review and report on the group’s financial information providing appropriate recommendations in line with company objectives
- Manage and oversee all group budgets, planning processes and expenditure
- Preparation and analysis of monthly departmental variances comparing actual to budgeted performance
- Manage the preparation of management information and KPI’s.
- Ensure that the Finance function is adequately resourced with staff, systems and technical resources to assure cost effective and efficient service delivery
What are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant with at least 10 years’ experience and 5 of those in multi-national manufacturing company.
- Big 4 training background.
- You will have excellent financial and management accounting skills coupled with excellent cost improving initiatives.
- Must have experience in delivering financial accounts to local statutory.
- Strong commercial, financial reporting and people management experience.
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels.
- Proven ability to understand and apply a relevant accounting guidelines and results with exposure to best practice techniques.
- Commercially astute with broad understanding of operations, procurement, marketing etc.
- Experience of managing and leading finance teams within different groups
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 09064-90485.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.