Job Details for Financial Controller
Matrix Recruitment is working on behalf of an established Irish Food Manufacturing company in Galway in the recruitment of a Financial Controller. This is a permanent job.
The Financial Controller is a senior role and will be part of the management team and heavily involved in strategic development/direction of the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who has a desire to advance their career and contribute to the continued growth of the business.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management of accounts.
- Preparation of cash flow analysis.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of various accounting records and financial systems are in place.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end close processes including monthly and yearly stocktakes.
- Effectively managing working capital with specific attention to include preparation of monthly Short Term Cash Flow forecasts.
- Liaising with auditors, tax advisers, external funders, asset managers and other parties.
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plan models to include continued performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Preparation of board packs.
- Dealing with all Sage queries and be involved in the management and maintenance of Sage.
- Plan, organise, control, manage and co-ordinate the efficient operation of the finance function.
- You will also take a lead in managing the team with a focus on continuous improvement to develop existing skills and abilities.
- Manage a small team of professional accounting staff to achieve departmental goals.
- Develop, implement and enforce compliance with accounting policies and procedures and internal controls over financial reporting.
- To ensure the highest possible accounting standards & systems are practiced.
The Person and Requirements:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3-5 years’ post qualification experience and 2-3 years of them must be in manufacturing company.
- Must have a strong commercial background and interest in general management.
- Strong financial reporting and people management experience.
- Excellent IT skills, advanced excel and strong on systems.
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels.
Do you have questions about this opportunity? Breda Dooley is one of our top consultants who can’t wait to hear from you! Please apply with your CV to Breda Dooley.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.