Job Details for Financial Accountant
What you need to know
You will work as a Financial Accountant for our client based in Dublin 15.
This position is an ideal opportunity for an experienced accountant to gain further development in the areas of Financial accountancy. The position requires fundamental knowledge of accounting functions and flexibility combined with accuracy and a sound practical approach.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing the monthly financial accounts package within 5 working days according to US GAAP rules.
- Have responsibility for the integrity and management of the accounting ledgers.
- Perform Inter-company reconciliations, Bank reconciliations, Balance sheet analysis, P&L Analysis, Fixed Asset accounting, Payroll reconciliations.
- Preparation and submission of VAT & PAYE returns.
- Review internal control procedures (for SOX compliance) and assist with internal audits.
- First point of contact for the external auditors and prepare the local Statutory accounts and assist in the preparation of the annual Corporation Tax computations.
- Perform a key role in the preparation and compilation of annual budgets and forecasts for the site.
- Prepare the monthly recharges for the site to interco partners, liaising with the site management team on the appropriate allocation basis.
- Prepare the monthly bookings for the Financing entity and the European cash pool.
- Any other duties as requested.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CPA with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience of working in a diverse environment
- U.S. GAAP knowledge an advantage
- Experience of Oracle is an advantage
- Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Strives to learn new skills and broaden knowledge and abilities
- Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems. When problems occur, defines the problem, investigates obstacles, and analyses alternative solutions
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work, and takes step to correct mistakes and improve the overall product
- Works on projects as part of a team, exchanging ideas and contributing skills that complement those of the other team members. Fulfils commitments to team members
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Rena on 01 4690901.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.