Job Details for Facilities, Health and Safety Manager
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment is working closely with one of our leading Manufacturing Companies in Co Westmeath in the recruitment of a permanent Facilities, Health and Safety Manager.
Your new job
- Co-ordinate maintenance of support equipment and facilities.
- Monitoring of energy consumption, water, site maintenance.
- Management of contractors onsite including directly managing onsite cleaning contractors.
- Oversee and manage building projects where required.
- Manage the Health and Safety Management System (Update Safety Statement, carry out Risk Assessments as appropriate, Audits and Inspections, identify health and safety training needs, deliver appropriate and regular training programmes, co-ordinate all employee involvement and communication in relation to Health & Safety issues).
- Management and coaching of onsite Health and Safety Co-Ordinator.
- Ensures consistent compliance with companies Health, Safety & Quality policies and procedures.
- Carry out regular audits to ensure high standards of performance are maintained at all times in accordance with contract requirements and company policy.
- Co-ordinate all emergency response teams and procedures.
- Manage all accidents and post-accident activity.
- Environmental audits, waste management and noise assessment.
- Benchmark and share information in relation to safety best practice within the group.
- Liaise with all other departments to ensure all new processes and equipment and changes to existing processes and equipment meet health and safety requirements.
- Record all accidental and non-accidental damage and report promptly.
What are we looking for?
- A 3rd level professional Health & Safety/Environmental qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar Health & Safety role
- Ability to manage and lead a team in a manufacturing & site environment
- Excellent and proven IT skills
- Must have excellent organisational and management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with structured approach to planning & organising.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work as required.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Marguerite on 09064 90485.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.