Job Details for Contract Negotiation Specialist
What you need to know
You will work as a Contract Negotiation Specialist for our client, a large Multinational Life Insurance Company in Navan. The company are a major player in the global insurance industry.
Working as a Contract Negotiation Specialist you will report to the Technical Services Manager. The candidate will demonstrate good experience in embedded value market consistent valuations and actuarial stochastic models.
This is a permanent position.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have significant technical competence and practical experience in all aspects of commercial contract negotiation as well as in regulatory analysis?
- Be responsible for engaging with counterparties and finalising contracts that the business uses, including asset management, custody and distribution agreements.
- Be responsible for conducting analysis of new laws and regulation in order to determine their impact on the company’s investment linked life insurance business.
- Be a qualified solicitor or barrister (or equivalent in jurisdiction of origin) or at least have trained in law and worked for at least 3 years in a legal environment.
- Focussed experience in the financial services industry and in negotiating asset management, custody and financial product distribution agreements would be advantageous but not essential.
- Asset management and/or insurance experience would be particularly advantageous.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Finalise Approved Template Agreements – Review existing template agreements and improve if necessary.
- Assistance with Contract Negotiation – Work closely with the business teams across all company products on the drafting and negotiation of agreements with external partners including but not limited to custodians, asset managers and financial intermediaries.
- Work with Internal Stakeholders – Engage with sales support team, legal and compliance team, risk team and investment control team as necessary.
- Project Management of Review of Legacy Agreements – To plan and project manage a review of existing contractual relationships as required, within agreed parameters and timelines.
- Analyse Applicable Law and Regulation – To analyse new and existing law as required to determine its impact on the company. To distil the analysis into practical steps that need to be taken to meet any applicable requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Law graduate.
- At least 3 years’ commercial contract experience either in-house with a major corporate or at a renowned law firm.
- At least 3 years’ European cross border insurance experience or 2 years life assurance product knowledge would be advantageous but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Italian would be advantageous but not essential.
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Fluent in English
- Analytical Mind/Capability.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Prioritising work load and time management.
- Contract Negotiation Experience.
- Financial services experience, especially in the asset management and/or insurance area.
- Motivated with the ability to work autonomously.
- Good commercial and business acumen.
- Versatile and confident working within complex, multi-jurisdiction environment.
- Practical approach to assigned work.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051 353825.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.