Job Details for Commodity Manager
Matrix Recruitment is working with a key client, who are a leading medical device company based in Westmeath. They are seeking to hire a Commodity Manager to join their team. This position is a 1 yeat fixed term contract.
The Commodity Manager will be responsible for establishing and implementing strategic plans for the Supply management. You will also be responsible for the up keep of a supply base ensuring materials are delivered in a time-efficient manner and within the company’s budget. You will work as part of a team and report to the Director of Global Sourcing.
Your new job
- You will be responbile for the management of commerical relationships to ensure there is a readily supply available for the manufacture of products .
- Manage and introduce sourcing plans for commodities in support of continuous operations.
- Organise and execute reviews for contract agreements and to evaluate the performance of suppliers and establish improvement plans for key suppliers.
- Supports continuous managment of risk assessments and business reviews.
- Establish Early Supplier Involvement Programs to improve standards and lower costs.
- Liaise with investors within manufacturing both internal and external, Quality, Engineering and Supply Chain to form and carry out business opportunities and resolve situations in a professional manner.
- Frequent reporting on key subjects to senior management.
- Examine data to identify opportunites and follow through with decisions to drive the company.
- Support procedures monthly SBR Schedule reporting, S&OP reporting, monthly PPV reporting, semi-annual risk assessments and semi-annual sourcing team off-sites etc.
- Manage and ensure conformity across the supply base as fitting e.g BAA/TAA, RoHS, C-TPAT, Dodd-Frank, REACH, etc.
What we are looking for
- Masters or Bacherlors degree in Engineering / Business/Supply Chain .
- 5-7 years experience in purchasing management within a multinational manufacturing environment.
- Sourcing/Supplier management of multiple suppliers, negotiating contracts and establishing a second-source supply base.
- Knowledge and experience in an ongoing deadline driven environment with a proven recording of cost reductions and savings annually.
- Technical knowledge of medical devices and able to understand complex items related to customer and equipment specifications.
- Demonstrated negotiation and a combining style of work to achieve results.
- Experiece with MS Office i.e. Advanced Excel, Word, Power Point and Access.Oracle eperience would be a distinct advantage.
- Travel requirements (international & domestic) – between 10% to 20%.
- Six Sigma/Lean certification, professional certification (CPSM, CSCP, CPM, CPIM).
For more information on this role please contact Breda on 0906490485 or email your cv for consideration.