Job Details for Buyer/Planner
Matrix Recruitment is currently recruiting a Buyer/Planner for a Manufacturing company based in Co. Cavan.
As the Buyer/Planner you shall be responsible for the overall management and supply of direct and indirect material and goods while optimizing inventory levels and ensuring availability of materials in line with planned requirements.
This is a permanent position.
- Manage the supply of raw materials and non stock inventory.
- Issue purchase orders, checking acknowledgements and arranging collection of materials.
- Expedite material delivery on a daily basis and generate and manage supply recovery plans
- Manage longer term requirements in order to ensure sufficient supply in line with forecast and reorder points.
- Ensuring stock levels are in control and take ownership for inventory levels
- Ensure all relevant procurement parameters and attributes in SAP are kept up to date, including supplier details, prices, safety stocks and reorder points.
- Report on supply issues/shortages, inventory levels and logistical challenges.
- Monthly reporting on procurement KPIs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all purchasing and planning policies and procedures
- Minimum of Leaving Certificate or country equivalent. Third level qualification in Business is favorable.
- IIPMM or APICS qualification preferred but not essential.
- 3-5 year’s experience in similar role in an ERP environment – preferably SAP
- Experience in planning and inventory processes.
- Excellent planning & analytical skills are required
- Proficient in MS Office Package incl Excel, Work & PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of day to day practices within an MRP system.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability or prioritise and organise work
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more please contact Marguerite on 09064 90485 or email your cv.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.