Job Details for Buyer
Your new company
Matrix Recruitment is working closely with their client, a leading manufacturer of pharmaceutical product and they are currently looking to hire a Buyer to join their team in East Galway.
This is a permanent full-time position.
You will report to the Purchasing Manager.
Your new role
As a Buyer you will be responsible for the procurement of pharmaceutical products and the on-time dispatch, delivery and quality to the purchaser.
Your duties will include:
- Procure of materials for production facility.
- Monitoring inventory levels.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers and maintain an ongoing valuable partnership.
- Negotiating with vendors and close deals with optimal terms within the company’s purchasing budget.
- Manage and control purchase order processes within the manufacturing industry in accordance with MRP and/or customer requirements.
- Accomplishes purchasing activities in accordance with the written requirements.
- Liaise with the Planning department, New Product Development, QA/QC, Finance etc.
- You will operate using the computerised ordering system which will include purchase orders, stock checks, authorising payments and monitoring and expediting orders.
- Compile quarterly supplier assessments based on KPI’s.
- Verify full compliance with GMP, HSE etc and ensure they are in line with manufacturing policies and procedures.
What you need to succeed
- At least 3+ years experience in a purchasing environment/Pharmaceutical sector preferably.
- Proven working experience within the manufacturing, supply chain industry or related discipline.
- Must be APICS qualified or in the process of qualifying.
- Very high level of experience in ERP/MRP.
- Must be able to multitask and adjust to the fast-paced environment.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills essential.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 09064 90485.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.