Job Details for Sales Manager
What you need to know
You will work as a Sales/Business Development Manager for our client, a leading and renowned hotel in Waterford.
This is a permanent job with a competitive salary.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the BDM will work closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager and Events team.
The key focus of this role is new business generation.
The role will be based 2/3 days in Dublin and 2/3days in Waterford, but travel will be required to generate new business.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct targeted face to face appointments per week including DMC’s/PCO’s/ Event Management Companies to secure business for new hotel facilities
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Manager in developing and implementing the annual Sales and Marketing Activity plan for all market segments.
- Set and manage the sales and marketing monthly budget spend.
- Work in conjunction with Group Revenue Manager to achieve hotel revenue targets.
- Completes a weekly activity report on own activity and presents to General Manager and Group Revenue Manager
- Ensures a similar activity report is produced by the Hotel Sales and Marketing Manager
- Ensures the group’s brand message is communicated on all sales calls.
- Responsible for recruiting, coaching and appraising all of sales team.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar sales/business development role is essential.
- Experience in a similar role in the Hospitality sector would be a distinct advantage,
- Report writing skills and budget management skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Flexibility is an essential requirement of this position with a strong ability to multitask.
- The ability to lead a team and motivate others.
- Previous experience recruiting, coaching and appraising a team.
- The BDM must work closely with the General Manager and marketing team and be an excellent team player as well as work well on their own initiative.
- Superior customer service skills and a good understanding of reputation management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah O’Donnell on 051-353825
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s