Job Details for Associate Accountant
What you need to know
You will work as an Associate Accountant for our client, an Investment Bank in Limerick.
You will work as part of the Financial Control team which will be responsible for completing financial control processes, report production, timely issue resolution and providing ad-hoc support as required to the EMEA regional finance teams. You will also be responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts, completing the month end close process and the statutory accounts production for a number of EMEA legal entities.
You will work with a variety of operations and other Finance teams to understand the business and ensure that the books and records accurately reflect the business undertaken, with adherence requirements to accounting policy and local GAAP for the relevant legal entities.
This is a 12-month contract job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Production of the monthly management accounts for a number of legal entities, produce the reconciliations and ensure all documentation and accounting is completed in line with corporate requirements and policies.
- Produce month end analytics and trend data to assist with the review and validation of financial results.
- Assist in the completion of annual statutory accounts, provide inputs and information to the audit process and work with the auditors to complete the audit process and finalise the statutory accounts.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to work as part of a team in the region and as part of the broader EMEA Finance team.
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate with strong planning and organisational skills.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve.
- Part-qualified accountant with 2/3 years’ experience in a multi-currency financial services environment.
- Experienced background in a corporate financial control environment with a sound knowledge of accounting, reporting and financial control requirements as well as statutory and audit requirements.
- Experience of US GAAP or IFRS would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio).
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah Meagher on 051353825.
Matrix Recruitment is acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent. By applying, you are giving consent for Matrix Recruitment to contact you about this job.