Job Details for Assistant General Manager
What you need to know
You will work as an Assistant General Manager for our client, one of Ireland’s leading Hotel and Golf Resorts.
This is a permanent job with a competitive salary package.
The Assistant General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel and provides support to the General Manager and the wider management team.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Assist the Management team in the day to day operations.
- Assign duties to junior staff and observe performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Respond to any customer queries in a timely fashion, and escalate any issues to the General manager and management team.
- Assist the General Manager during staff meetings and conduct meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Continuously strive for customer satisfaction, monitoring all aspects of the day to day operations ensuring everything is delivered to a high standard.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly property inspections and audits, ensuring the property, grounds, bedrooms etc. are maintained to high standard.
- Build strong working relationships with the general management team and wider hotel staff, to ensure maximum operating effectiveness.
- Ensure all areas have adequate staff cover.
- Cover shifts as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Ensure health and safety and food safety standards are met at all times.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Respond to operational audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management team.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a management role within the Hospitality sector.
- The successful candidate must be very operations focused, and customer services focused and play a vital part in the day to day activities.
- Proactive and energetic nature is essential.
- Flexibility is an essential requirement of this position with a strong ability to multitask.
- The ability to lead a team and motivate others.
- The Assistant GM must work closely with the Management Team and be an excellent team player as well as work well on their own initiative.
- Superior customer service skills and a good understanding of reputation management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Sarah O’Donnell on 051-353825
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV’s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.