Job Details for Accountant
What you need to know
You will work as an Accountant based in North Dublin with our client in the pharmaceutical industry.
This is a 6-month contract role with a salary of 60-65k.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
Capital Reporting & Control
- Capitalisation of assets from AUC.
- Splitting of existing assets into their component parts.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly capital expenditure forecasts in line with Global & Local reporting requirements.
- Provide monthly & ad-hoc capex reporting as required.
Month End Close
- Review of expenditure and creation of appropriate accruals based upon vendor reconciliations & commitments review.
- Co-ordinate the month end process with Global Business Services (GBS) & ensure alignment between SAP & Hyperion
- Prepare and analyse the monthly Financial and Management Accounts and facilitate review & sign-off with senior management.
- Monitor purchase order commitments within cost centres and against budget.
- Review cost centre & GL account postings to ensure accuracy prior to & during month end close.
- Prepare month end accruals based upon vendor reconciliations & commitments review.
- Prepare bottom-up forecasts for OPEX cost centres
- Review monthly spend reports with cost centre managers
- Follow-up of GR/IR account debit balances
- Support ad-hoc PO process queries.
- Support the implementation of the Operational Excellence Programme on the site by identifying and implementing improvements.
What are we looking for?
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA qualified accountant, with 2 – 3 years post qualification experience.
- SAP FI (especially Fixed Asset Accounting) is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, especially Excel.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Rena on 01 4690901.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CVs are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.